- Customer attempts to scan QR code using a QR scanner in their cryptocurrency wallet rather than the camera app on their mobile device. The QR code redirects the customer to BitPay's website to initiate the payment flow rather than being a direct payment link. For this reason, customers should not scan the code directly from their wallet application.
- Customer clicks "Pay in Wallet" but does not get redirected to their wallet application properly. This can happen if their mobile device's OS fails to correctly recognize the wallet app, or if they did not select the correct wallet during the payment flow. An easy workaround is for the customer to copy the payment link/address, and then open their cryptocurrency wallet app and paste the address directly into the wallet's "send" menu.
See this page for information on error screens you may encounter.
If the BitPay system does not seem to be working at all, please check https://status.bitpay.com/ to see if the system is down. If there is a reported outage, the customer will need to use a different payment method, or return to the store at a later time.
BitPay maintains a list of articles to help with a variety of questions and issues. You can access the page here.
Articles to highlight include:
- Accepted Cryptocurrencies
- How do I pay a BitPay invoice?
- Which wallets work best for a BitPay payment?
- When will my payment confirm?
- Why is my unvoice underpaid/overpaid?
If you still need assistance from BitPay, please use these methods to contact us.
- To submit a question via email, address: [email protected]
- To get support from our chatbot, please visit bitpay.com and click Help. If the chatbot is unable to assist, you will be able to open a ticket with our support team.
Updated 5 months ago