Proper marketing is critical to the success of your partnership with BitPay.
According to a report by Forrester Consulting:
- Average order value of purchases made with cryptocurrency is greater than 2x that of purchases made with fiat currency
- Businesses may see up to a 40% increase in new customers
- BitPay saves businesses an average of 1.25% on payment processing fees
- Eliminates chargeback risk
Achieving these benefits requires a customer base that is well aware of your acceptance of BitPay as a payment option.
Brand Guide and Merchant Marketing Resources
BitPay's brand guide is available here. Please review this guide during your BitPay implementation and make sure you are following our best practices. Important takeaways include:
- Acceptance mark included on your website
- This lets customers know that BitPay is a supported payment option
- Do not alter any of BitPay's artwork or create your own payment mark
- List BitPay alongside other payment options at checkout
- Do not use terminology like "Pay with Crypto" as an alternative to "BitPay"
- Make sure to use a BitPay payment button on the final checkout / payment screen
- Include BitPay FAQ type messaging on your website in at least one of these places
- At checkout
- Dedicated landing page
- Payment options page
- Help / FAQ page
Please do your best to adhere to these guidelines in order to be listed on BitPay's merchant directory.
Once you have implemented BitPay's required branding on your website, your business can be added to BitPay's merchant directory. Use the "add my business" button to request your company's addition to the site.
BitPay recommends the following actions after launching your integration:
- Public announcement (preferably a press release) that you now accept cryptocurrency payments via BitPay
- Social media posts tagging BitPay
- Blog post on your website, which will also help with SEO (use keywords: bitcoin, cryptocurrency, crypto, etc.)
- Notifying customers via regular communication channels, such as email or newsletters
Updated 8 months ago