Get started by signing up for a BitPay merchant account.
You must also have already installed the Woocommerce plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Look for the BitPay plugin via the WordPress Plugin Manager. From your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > Add New > Search plugins and type BitPay
- Select BitPay checkout for Woocommerce and click on Install Now and then on Activate Plugin.
After you have installed the BitPay plugin, the configuration steps are:
- Create an API token from your BitPay merchant dashboard
- Login to your BitPay merchant account and go to the API token settings
- click on the Add new token button: indicate a token label (for instance: Woocommerce), uncheck "Require Authentication" and click on the Add Token button
- Copy the token value
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel, select Woocommerce > settings > Payments and click on the Set up button next to the BitPay Payment methods
- click on the checkbox at the top of the page to enable the BitPay plugin
- Paste the token value into the appropriate field: Development Token for token copied from the sandbox environment and Production Token for token copied from the live environment
- select the endpoint - Test or Production
- Click on the Save changes button at the bottom of the page
Additional information can be found on the BitPay plugin page on WordPress.
Updated 12 months ago