- OpenCart 3.x
- A BitPay merchant account:
- Download the latest release of the plugin from the OpenCart marketplace, you will obtain a file named
- From your OpenCart admin panel, navigate to "Extensions" > "Installer" and upload the file previously retrieved from the OpenCart Marketplace.
- From your OpenCart admin panel, navigate to "Design > Theme Editor > common > header", add the following before the closing
- Flush your OpenCart storage to finish the installation
After you have installed the BitPay plugin, the configuration steps are:
- Create an API token from your BitPay merchant dashboard:
- Log in to your BitPay merchant account and go to the API token settings
- Click on the Add new token button: indicate a token label (for instance: OpenCart), make sure "Require Authentication" is unchecked and click on the Add Token button
- Copy the token value
- Log in to your OpenCart admin panel, go to "Extensions" > "Extentions" > choose "Payments" as extension type > BitPay checkout:
- Set the Extension Status to enabled
- Select the endpoint - Test or Production, depending on your current setup. Your matching API Token must be set
- Paste the token value into the appropriate field: Development Token for token copied from the sandbox environment (test.bitpay.com) and Production Token for token copied from the live environment (bitpay.com)
- Checkout Flow: BitPay recommends the Modal option as it keeps the user on your site and shows a modal window. To use the Modal option, you will need to configure the
bitpay.min.jsscript as indicated above. We also propose a Redirect option as an alternative.
- Click on the save icon in the upper right hand corner
Additional information can be found on the BitPay plugin page on the OpenCart Marketplace.
Updated 10 months ago